Adel Lina Yap, 45, Improv Dancer and Actor, Theatre and Movement workshop facilitator.
Adel is trained at the Sri Nandhigeswarar Academy, as an Indian Bharatanatyam classical dancer and has been dancing Jazz since her school days at the Benny School of Dancing academy.
A graduate from the Malaysian Institute of Art, she started of her career in Advertising and is currently still a Senior Art Director in an Advertising firm in Taman Tun, handling ATL campaigns and re-branding exercises for existing and new clients.
After completing her 10 weeks, Acting for Beginners Workshop under Joe Hasham and Faridah Merican, she taught full time at Tas academy @ klpac, where she conducted acting/mime, physical dance, art classes and holiday camps for schools and outreach centers.
Adel has also attended
– The Buffon workshop by Aurora Kurth, Australia,
– Butoh Workshop and Performance with Katsura Kan & Mr. Yukio Waguri, Japan,
– Community Theatre skills by Tua Makhampon, Thailand
– Mak Yong Dance classes under Norzizi Zulkifli, The Actors Studio, theatre Rakyat.
– PHILIPPE GAULIER’S Master Class in Acting, An Initiative Under/ Kakiseni Arts Exchange 2012
– INTERNATIONAL PHYSICAL THEATRE LABORATORY under the guidance of Sergei Ostrenko and International Conference “Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity” December 14 – 21, 2012 Leitring bei Leibnitz, Austria